FULHAM PREP SCHOOL LIMITED
Company number: 03074966
Address: 200 Greyhound Rd, Greater, Hammersmith, London W14 9SD, United Kingdom
Phone number: +44 20 7386 2444
Fulham School is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited (“Inspired Education Group”), which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
This policy is drafted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”).
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS IN THIS WEBSITE
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legal representatives and also from candidates and third parties interested in finding out more about Fulham School within the systems controlled by the school as the Controller.
The personal data processed through our website (OpenApply forms) is mainly the following:
- Contact and identification details, gender;
- Image (passport photo);
- Family details;
- Nationality, language and location;
- Parent / Guardian information (relationship with student, marital status, professional and financial details);
- Educational centres previously attended;
- Voice recordings when interacting with the AI Rep chatbot located on our website;
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Special educational needs (SEN) or medical condition;
We can also receive and process from you any additional information that was not specifically requested in our online forms.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Fulham School collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website’s online forms;
- When visiting our website, through cookies;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, invoices, letters, consent forms, etc;
- Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by the School;
- Through text and voice-recorded discussions with the AI Rep chatbot located on our website.
The source of such information can be directly the interested party or third parties, such as legal representatives, professionals or authorities that may be working with the School or the individuals providing a service;
4. PURPOSES TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Fulham School processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the application procedure and educational activity.
The main purposes of the collection of information are the following:
- Attend your enquiries properly;
- Ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- Provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and school transportation, among other necessary services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Enable parents or legal guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, to be informed of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.;
- Provide Parents’ Association activities and keep them informed about events;
- Celebrate School’s achievements and to keep a memory of our students, Fulham School may take and use photographs and audiovisual recordings to be shared in our websites, social networks and our yearbooks, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age. With your consent, these images can also be shared with Inspired Education Group and used in its global social media;
- Send commercial communications on our educational activities, including Inspired Education Group’s marketing campaigns, informing of extracurricular events, summer camps, university workshops, etc if previously consented by you, through e-mail, social networks or any other electronic or physical means, present or future. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all these kinds of e-mails;
- Provide parents, legal guardians, students and other website users (such as potential patents) with general informational assistance when responding to queries submitted to the AI Rep chatbot on our website and improve their experience of using the AI Rep through analytics;
- Comply with legal and administrative requirements.
5. PROCESSING OF CANDIDATES DATA
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by FULHAM SCHOOL. Our Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes.
6. LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING
The legal basis that supports the collection and processing of your data are the following:
1. Execution of a contractual relationship of which the data subject is a party: The admission and registration of students, the provision of educational, academic, nursing, safeguarding and other related services, as well as the sending of communications relating to teaching activities and the administrative and billing management necessary for the provision of the aforementioned services;
2. Compliance with our legal obligations: We must manage and maintain the data of students' parents, employees and suppliers to comply with the legal requirements of the relevant authorities, including the management of legal claims;
3. Our legitimate interest: We may need to process statistical information from our School to carry out satisfaction surveys, and / or to modify the functioning of our school in addition to promote our activities by sending commercial communications (always under your consent);
4. Your consent: We may need the consent of the parents/legal guardians or the student over legal age to send commercial communications, as well as for the creation and use of images and videos to disclose the student's participation in our activities. school or for promotional campaigns.
7. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be required to share personal information with relevant authorities to comply with legal obligations, or with third parties when necessary to comply with the purposes previously indicated, as permitted on statutory grounds, or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
In these cases, we will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
In the event that, when necessary for the execution of the educational contract (which could include the use of computer tools and platforms offered from outside United Kingdom and / or even the EEA), and / under other legal basis, personal data may need to be transferred to countries outside UK and European Economic Area, including countries not covered by UK adequacy regulations and / or EEA adequacy decisions, that may offer a lower level of data protection, we will implement the necessary measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection regulations. Likewise, parents / legal guardian or the student over legal age will be clearly and correctly informed. We will also collect the corresponding consent for such transfers to non-adequate countries when required by the specific exemptions stipulated in the regulations.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties under any concept.
9. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Your personal information, including voice recordings and text discussions disclosed through the use of the AI Rep chatbot, will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer time is permitted for reasons of public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once your personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous under the corresponding security measures.
Voice recordings and text discussions disclosed through the use of the AI Rep chatbot are automatically deleted once a conversation is terminated.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR, you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasure of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data;
- Withdraw consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, to the Data Protection Officer’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have the right to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
12. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The school shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
13. COMMON USE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS
This website contains links to social networks like Instagram and Facebook or to applications as REP AI and OpenApply. Our School is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
14. REP AI
With the aim to attend your general queries, our website provides the option to use the chatbot. Initially, this application does not require your identification or any other personal information about you. You can address your specific question by typing it or using your microphone, in this case you must provide access to it and the chatbot will process and record your voice as personal data.
You can also disclose voluntarily any information about you when asking a query (e.g., your name, location or age). In this case, the information recorded will be processed and retained by Rep AI for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose and according to the applicable local regulations.
You can find more information about this tool at: https://www.hellorep.ai/privacy-policy?.
To understand more about the cookies we use and the way you can disable them, you can visit our policy at: https://www.fulham.school/cookie-policy.
If you consider we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113 although the ICO recommends that steps are taken to resolve the matter with the school before involving the regulator.
17. EU REPRESENTATIVE
We have appointed IT Governance Europe Limited to act as our EU representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), or have any queries in relation to your rights or general privacy matters, please email our Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to include our company name (Fulham School) in any correspondence you send to our Representative.
Fulham School will not collect and process data from minors (children under 13 years of age). Parental or legal tutor’s consent to act on their behalf will be always required.
19. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
Fulham School may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This policy was last updated December 2023