FULHAM PREP SCHOOL LIMITED
Company number: 03074966
Address: 200 Greyhound Rd, Greater, Hammersmith, London W14 9SD, United Kingdom
Phone number: +44 20 7386 2444
Fulham School is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited (“Inspired Education Group”), which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
This policy is drafted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”).
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legal representatives and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about Fulham School within the systems controlled by the school as the Controller.
The personal data processed is mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Family details;
- Nationality, language and location;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of special health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Religion or ideology;
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Fulham School collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website’s online forms;
- When visiting our website, through cookies
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, invoices, letters, consent forms, etc;
- Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by the School;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites;
- Through third parties, such as legal representatives, professionals or authorities that may be working with the School or the individuals providing a service.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Fulham School processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the School’s educational activity. The School collects and keeps students and parents’ information in the framework of individuals’ consent, but also based on a legal and contractual obligation, individuals’ vital interest when necessary and legitimate interest when necessary to:
- Ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- Provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and school transportation, among other necessary services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Enable parents or legal guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, to be informed of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.;
- Provide Parents’ Association activities and keep them informed about events;
- Celebrate School’s achievements and to keep a memory of our students, Fulham School may take and use photographs and audiovisual recordings to be shared in our websites, social networks and our yearbooks, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age. With your consent, these images can also be shared with Inspired Education Group and used in its global social media.
- Send commercial communications on our educational activities, including Inspired Education Group’s marketing campaigns, informing of extracurricular events, summer camps, university workshops, etc if previously consented by you, through e-mail, social networks or any other electronic or physical means, present or future. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all these kind of e-mails.
- Comply with legal and administrative requirements;
In the case of the application forms received through our website, in the section “Vacancies”, we will process the data with the purpose of recruitment of staff and to include the applicant in a selection process or to consider the application for future positions. In this regarding, the School also collects information about prospective staff when necessary for:
- Conducting the selection process;
- Assessing the suitability of the candidate for the position;
- Administration of human resources records;
The personal information object of processing may only be communicated to other schools integrated in Inspired Education Group only with the prior written petition and informed consent of the individuals, applicants or employee.
It may also need to be communicated to other third parties that may need it to provide a supportive service for Fulham School in the selection process or when legally required. In this case, personal data will be processed with the same legitimate purposes mentioned herein.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be required to share personal information with relevant authorities to comply with legal obligations, or with third parties when necessary to comply with the purposes previously indicated as permitted on statutory grounds, or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
In these cases, we will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. We will also adopt the appropriate legal safeguards and security measures in case such third parties are located in countries which may offer a lower level of data protection.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
Fulham School does not make any international transfer of data. In case it is needed to comply with the purposes previously exposed, the parties to whom we may disclose personal data may be located in countries that offer the same level of data protection requirements.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties under any concept.
7. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Your personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer time is permitted for reasons of public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once your personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous under the corresponding security measures.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR, you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasure of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, to the Data Protection Officer’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
As indicated, you will have the right to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
10. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The school shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
To understand more about the cookies we use and the way you can disable them, you can visit our policy at: https://www.fulham.school/cookie-policy.
If you consider we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113 although the ICO recommends that steps are taken to resolve the matter with the school before involving the regulator.
13. EU REPRESENTATIVE
We have appointed IT Governance Europe Limited to act as our EU representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), or have any queries in relation to your rights or general privacy matters, please email our Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to include our company name (Fulham School) in any correspondence you send to our Representative.
Fulham School will not collect and process data from minors (children under 13 years of age). Parental or legal tutor’s consent to act on their behalf will be always required.
15. PARENT’S ASSOCIATION
Fulham School will use the information from parents and students in order to provide extra-curricular activities for children and parents, to raise funds for charities or specific causes as well as to keep the informed of the events which will take place in our School throughout the year. The data will be processed under the conditions exposed in this policy.
16. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
Fulham School may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This policy was last updated March 2023